Welcome to My Blog!

A collection of good stuff about my business, life, and things I love!

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

A New Addition to the Family!

I am so excited!!  This coming Sunday we will drive to Vermont and bring home the newest member of our family - a nine week old Cavalier King Charles Spaniel.  Our new little boy is the second from the left in this group of fluff.  Isn't this the cutest picture!  



We already have a beautiful six year old Tri-colored Cavalier named Trevor.  This litter is from Trevor's brother so his new little playmate will actually be his nephew!  To backtrack a little, we lost our beloved golden retriever, Toby, to cancer about 3 months ago.  He was Trevor's life-long companion and he always looked out for the little guy.  Toby was a great dog that just loved to play ball all the time with anyone who would play with him, right up until the end. Although they didn't really play together a whole lot due to Toby's age, the two were still very close and always together.  Trevor has been noticeably lost without Toby and although the new pup is not a big lug like Toby, we hope that they will soon become good buddies and companions.  It seems kind of funny that our little Trevor will now all of a sudden become the older of the two.  

So we need to come up with a name!  I'd love to hear people's suggestions.  I've added a poll to the side bar of names we've narrowed it down to and hope that all who read this will help us with our decision.  If you have a suggestion please post it!!

Next week I'm sure I'll be posting a new picture of Trevor with the new pup - I'm sure there will be a few upcoming sleepless nights but I can't wait!!

27 comments:

  1. these dogs are adorable and loving, my friend has one the sweetest puppy I've seen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY GOSH so adorable!! *SIGH* How can you ever choose ONE??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, that's just about the cutest thing I've ever seen!!! Since you obviously got the hands-down Winner out of that bunch of adorable pups, I'd call him Jackpot :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness! TOO CUTE!

    Sorry to hear that your dog passed away. Our oldest dog passed away a few years ago, and then the second followed a year later (we actually had to put her down because she was getting vicious). Now we have the "puppy" a big teddy bear of a hound/lab mix. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. CUTE!! The dogs are so stinkin' adorable! How exciting to have a new addition to the fam!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's so exciting! Curious what name you're going to choose... Famous Romanian dog names: Grivei, Azorel... feel free to consider them if you like them:))

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love "Bailey" - he looks like he is sitting there wondering what the future holds for him.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Bailey...reminds me of beatly bailey :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't help with a name, I trouble naming my own kids! But your new addition is soooo adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! One of my favorite kinds of dogs! I've always wanted one!! Lucky you! I want the one on the right! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a little doll. Yes, you'll have a few sleepless nights.

    Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my they are adorable....I would so love one of them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aren't they the sweetest??? The loss of a beloved pet and friend is so difficult, but I'm sure Trevor will adapt quickly. The new pup will surely keep him busy. Can't wait to see some more baby pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a sweet picture!

    How about Sir Willie T. Woofhaus?

    We have a pom-a-pug named Astro P. Whiskerton, Esq The P stands for Puglicious.

    ReplyDelete
  15. omg so cute!!! they kind of remind me of bichon frises. i don't know why. but i know i want one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is the cutest picture! I love that breed. My husband has always wanted a dog, but I know I'll be the one taking care of it, just like the cats he wanted. :)
    How about King Charles?

    ReplyDelete
  17. OH MY GOODNESS!! Those are just darling!! I would have to take them all home...lol! Enjoy that little ball of fluff:)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Adorable!!! I love puppies and I want one!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  19. So adorable! I hope your sleepless nights are few. I remember when we picked up Cassie (yes, we named our shop after her) at 7 weeks old. It was like having a newborn in the house for the first month or two... (Worth every second, though!)

    ReplyDelete
  20. uniquecozytreasures - How adorable! sorry about Toby.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Aw congratulations on the new addition! So cute! Bailey is the name of my golden retriever that I lost to cancer just over a year ago...that's my vote!

    ReplyDelete
  22. What an adorable puppy dog! How fun to get to vote for his name. Have fun with him!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh, and I nominate the name Jack! Because they look like they're wearing a lot of eyeliner, like Jack Sparrow. :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Aw, they are so cute! My golden retriever died of cancer 18 months ago, and I'm just about to get a new pup - a cocker spaniel this time. Perhaps I'll do a vote for her name too!!! Erika Price Jewelry

    ReplyDelete
  25. Riley is so darned cute he takes by breath away.

    Have fun!

    ReplyDelete